This course is designed to help students enhance their listening skills and improve their ability to
understand native speakers from all across the Anglosphere, in preparation for the IELTS exam.
Participants will learn practical skills required to be a good listener and develop the ability to not only
hear, but understand what has been said. They will become familiar with how to deal with unfamiliar
topics and to use context to improve understanding through our Interactive Activities, PowerPoint
Presentations and Videos.
They will listen to four recordings of native English speakers and then learn how to approach the series of
● Recording 1: a conversation between two people set in an everyday social context.
● Recording 2: a monologue set in an everyday social context, e.g. a speech about local
● Recording 3: a conversation between up to four people set in an educational or training
context, e.g. a university tutor and a student discussing an assignment.
● Recording 4: a monologue on an academic subject, e.g. a university lecture
● You will understand how to tackle main ideas and specific factual information
● You will be taught to recognize the opinions, attitudes and purpose of a speaker
● You will become familiar with how to follow the development of an argument
● Develop practical skills needed to improve listening.
● Become familiar with how to approach the 4 audio sections of the listening exam, what they
involve, and how they are structured.
The IELTS Listening Course is accompanied by Video Lessons, PowerPoint Presentations on each
criteria used by examiners to assess the listening ability of IELTS candidates, followed by an interactive
Activity related to each point.
You will work through the pdfs for the 4 audio sections of the Listening Exam, watch the videos for each
topic, and follow up by doing the Interactive Activities. We will give you your own personal login for you to
go through our portal and practice the modules at home through your laptops or mobiles if you are on the
You will master the listening section by doing this course with every topic covered!