IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 and 2
This course is designed to help students develop the ability to write a response appropriately. By practicing questions that have engaging, practical assessments tied to learning outcomes. Students will learn how to work through the Academic Writing Task 1 and Task 2 of the exam.
They will learn how to write in a formal style in the IELTS Academic Writing Test. In Task 1 they will be presented with a graph, table, chart or diagram. They will be asked to describe, summarize or explain the information in their own words. This might involve describing and explaining data, describing the stages of a process or how something works, or describing an object or event. In Task 2 they will be asked to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem.Students will learn about the principles of the IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 and Task 2 and explore the main types of criteria for use in language and learning, for eg Task Achievement, Lexical Resources, Cohesion and Coherence and Grammar Range and Accuracy. Students will become familiar with how to deal with these topics, and to write an assessment comfortably, through our Interactive Activities, PowerPoint Presentations and Videos.
- Understand the main types of assessment in use for IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 and Task 2.
- Match different kinds of assessment criteria to your language skills.
- Grasp the methodology of the new technique(s) in IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 and Task 2.
The IELTS Academic Writing Course is accompanied by Video Lessons , PowerPoint Presentations on each criteria used by examiners to assess the writing ability of IELTS candidates, followed by an interactive Activity related to each point.
You will work through the pdfs for the Writing Task 1 and Task 2 of the Academic Writing Exam, watch the videos for each topic, and follow up by doing the Interactive Activities. We will give you your own personal login for you to go through our portal and practice the modules at home through your laptops or mobiles if you are on the go!.
You will master the writing section by doing this course with every topic covered!
What You’ll Learn: – How to tackle Graphs, Diagrams, Map Questions
– How to write essay assignments
– How to tackle task achievement, lexical resources, grammar range and accuracy and common problems with writing task 1 and 2.
This Course Includes:
– Video Lessons
– Powerful PowerPoints
– Interactive Activities to improve your writing skills
– 3 month access !
– 5 Writing Task 1 and Task 2 Assignments marked by British Council Teachers in the UK
– 50 Hours of Content
– Certificate of Completion