IELTS Academic Listening
This course is designed to help students enhance their listening skills and improve their ability to understand native speakers from all across the Anglosphere, in preparation for the IELTS exam. Participants will learn practical skills required to be a good listener, and develop the ability to not only hear, but understand what has been said. They will become familiar with how to deal with unfamiliar topics, and to use context to improve understanding through our Interactive Activities, PowerPoint Presentations and Videos.
They will listen to four recordings of native English speakers and then learn how to approach the series of questions.
- Recording 1: a conversation between two people set in an everyday social context.
- Recording 2: a monologue set in an everyday social context, e.g. a speech about local facilities
- Recording 3: a conversation between up to four people set in an educational or training context, e.g. a university tutor and a student discussing an assignment.
- Recording 4: a monologue on an academic subject, e.g. a university lecture
- You will understand how to tackle main ideas and specific factual information
- You will be taught to recognise the opinions, attitudes and purpose of a speaker
- You will become familiar with how to follow the development of an argument
- Develop practical skills needed to improve the listening.
- Become familiar with how to approach the 4 audio sections of the listening exam, what they involve, and how they are structured.
The IELTS Listening Course is accompanied by Video Lessons , PowerPoint Presentations on each criteria used by examiners to assess the listening ability of IELTS candidates, followed by an interactive Activity related to each point.
You will work through the pdfs for the 4 audio sections of the Listening Exam, watch the videos for each topic, and follow up by doing the Interactive Activities. We will give you your own personal login for you to go through our portal and practice the modules at home through your laptops or mobiles if you are on the go!.
You will master the listening section by doing this course with every topic covered!
What You’ll Learn
- How to tackle challenges in PART 1,2,3 and 4 of the listening test and how to overcome them.
- Learn how to tackle time pressure
- Learn all about the different question types in the listening test
- 1. Multiple-choice questions
- 2. Matching questions
- 3. Plan, map, diagram labeling
- 4. Form, note, table, flow-chart, summary completion
- 5. Sentence completion
- 6. Short-answer